Friday 15 March 2013

Tired Eyes


Waking up early is not fun. Especially when you have to be in public in under an hour. This morning I had an early rise in order to make it to a press conference for work. Because I was going to have to do a bit more than grunt at people and sip my coffee in the corner I had to use a few key skincare products and cosmetics to at least give the impression that I was awake and happy to be up at the crack of dawn!

I started out my morning routine the same as always: Shiseido Facial Wash, Clinique Toner (3) and my Clinique something gel moisturizer. This morning however, I added my Clinique All About Eyes Serum De-Puffing Eye Massage (what a mouthful). Basically this is the same idea as the Garnier eyeroller that has been kicking around for a few years. I’m not convinced that this product actually does anything major to defeat my dark circles but the cooling sensation definitely wakes my eyes up a little.

After priming my skin, I move on to foundation (Nars Sheer Glow for that extra deweyness!), a bright pink blush a la Nars Gaiety and my Bobbi Brown corrector and concealer. For eyes, I tend to go quite clean as a smokey eye or heavy eyeliner tend to make my eyes look heavy and not awake. I opt instead for my Mac Paint Pot in Painterly, a healthy dose of mascara compliments of Benefit They’re Real! and highlighting of the brows and inner corners with Mac’s Phloof! To really get that wide awake look I have two surefire tricks. I line my upper lashline with any old black pencil eyeliner and then use my Mac Chromographic pencil in NC15/NW20 to rim my waterline.While effective in giving me that fresh and well rested look, the MAC chromographic is definitely a luxury/splurge-worthy product. Essentially it is just a flesh toned eyeliner, which is a bit tricky to get your hands on. After chatting with Jess though, she mentioned that she recently picked up the Rimmel Scandaleyes Liner in 'Nude' which we think might be a high street dupe! Stayed tuned, we will likely be doing a compare and contrast soon!

Hope this post helped my fellow early risers! And remember if all else fails... copious cups of coffee might do the trick!

xo,

Em

No comments:

Post a Comment